Wind Farm Radios: Motorola’s Top Two Way Radios
Like many other countries, Canada realizes that wind power is an important way to diversify energy supplies; however, maintaining and operating wind farms can be dangerous work. Wind farm radios are a must to ensure employee safety and enhance productivity in this demanding work environment.
For example, wind farm workers must climb the ladder inside each tall steel tower to reach the generator and gearbox at the top of these large structures. The ability of technicians to stay in touch as they climb up and down inside steel towers is critical, but it can be very difficult for wireless communications to penetrate through the steel structures.
Running preventive maintenance, repairing problems and ensuring everything is functioning properly is essential on a wind farm, but distance, weather and steel structures means cellular devices are not the answer.
Motorola digital two way radios— – specifically, those in the MotoTRBO family – make excellent wind farm radios, allowing technicians to talk tower-to-tower, share information and stay safe. The wind farm radios listed below provide seamless communications not only inside and outside the towers, but also throughout the often large expanse of the wind farm, regardless of weather and harsh conditions.
Motorola MotoTRBO XPR3300
This Motorola MotoTRBO XPR3300 is an excellent wind farm radio. Combining two way radio functionality and the latest in digital technology, this highly-portable and user friendly device is built to withstand the demands of the job:
- Ability to function in both analog and digital modes
- Compact, lightweight (10.8 oz.) design
- Up to 40% longer battery life with IMPRES battery technology
- High quality audio that automatically and intelligently adjusts to filter background noise
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP55 rating)
- Meets the U.S. Military 810 C, D, E, F and G standards
- Two-year warranty
Motorola MotoTRBO XPR6550
Combining the best of two way radio with digital technology, the MotoTRBO XPR6550 digital portable radio is a popular choice for wind farms thanks to the following features:
- Exceptional voice quality
- Extended battery performance
- Button for emergency signalling
- IP57 specifications for submerge situations (waterproof in 1 meter of fresh water up to 30 minutes)
- Accommodates high volume, wide area communication
- Intrinsically safe options available
- Available in UHF and VHF frequency bands
- Heavy-duty accessories are also available
Motorola MotoTRBO XPR7550
This top-of-the-line wind farm radio is designed specifically for safe communications in volatile conditions and hazardous work environments. The following features make the MotoTRBO XPR7550 a popular choice for wind farm demands:
- Robust volume knobs, channel knobs and large buttons for ease of use without having to remove safety gloves
- Intelligent audio that adjusts based on background noise
- Day/night mode to preserve workers’ vision in low light conditions
- A prominent, one-touch emergency call button
- Full line of heavy-duty accessories available
Nova Communications has worked extensively with wind farms and the energy sector across Canada, providing them with trusted Motorola two way radios that enhance productivity and safety. Talk to a two way radio expert today, toll free: 1-877-721-7070 or start by reading a case study about digital two way radio benefits below.