Two Way Radios in Alberta: Motorola’s Top Sellers
Alberta is Canada’s fourth most populated province and home to the supply and service hub for Canada’s oil industry. Both Edmonton and Calgary have populations exceeding one million, while the outlying areas of Banff, Jasper and Drumheller are notable tourist destinations. This mix of hard trade and service industries means Alberta relies on Motorola two way radios to stay connected.
Of all the two way radios in use, we’ve identified the top selling Motorola two way radios in Alberta – the Motorola DTR650, MotoTRBO XPR6550 and MotoTRBO XPR7550 CSA IS:
The Motorola DTR650 is Nova Communications’ top selling radio, requiring no Industry Canada Licensing and boasting excellent in-building coverage and custom user setup. The Motorola DTR650 is one of the best value two way radios in the market, ideal for industries in Alberta including manufacturing, hospitality, retail, property management, K-12 education, universities and colleges.
Features of the Motorola DTR650 include:
- Operates on 900 MHz ISM Frequency-Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum technology that is unique to the device
- No license required
- Lightweight and portable (7.6oz)
- Up to 350,000 sq. ft or 30 floors of coverage with extended antenna accessory
- Lithium ion battery
- Extra-long battery life with minimum 14 hours and up to 19 hours of operation per full charge
- Rugged, compact polycarbonate housing
- Meets military 810 C, D, E, and F specifications for shock, vibration, water, dust and temperature extremes
- Quickly configurable
- Private, secure communications
Motorola MotoTRBO XPR6550
The Motorola MotoTRBO XPR6550 is another popular, portable digital two way radio in Alberta, ideal for use in fire departments and emergency services, manufacturing, energy, forestry and recreation.
The Motorola MotoTRBO XPR6550 two way radio is equipped with a variety of features that support ease-of-use and durability in these industries, including:
- Waterproofing (submersible in 1 meter of fresh water up to 30 minutes)
- Radios in this series also come in intrinsically safe options (for use in locations where flammable gas, vapours or combustible dust may be present)
- Emergency button alerts
- Powerful, front-projecting speakers
- Tri-colour LED indicator for clear, visible feedback of calling, scanning, roaming and monitoring
- Accommodates high volume, wide area communication
- Exceptional voice quality
- Extended battery performance
- Heavy-duty accessories are available
Motorola MotoTRBO XPR7550 CSA IS
The Motorola MotoTRBO XPR7550 CSA IS is a top-of-the-line, Canadian Standard Association Intrinsically Safe (CSA IS) radio designed specifically for safe communications in volatile conditions and hazardous work environments. Contributing to its popularity in workplaces across Alberta, this two way radio is ideally suited to gas plants, oil refineries and chemical manufacturing facilities.
Key features of the MotoTRBO XPR7550 CSA IS include:
- Canadian Standard Association Intrinsically Safe
- Robust volume and large channel knobs for ease of use without having to remove safety gloves
- One touch emergency call button
- Intelligent audio that adjusts based on background noise
- Day/night mode to preserve workers’ vision in low light conditions
- Bluetooth capabilities
- Full line of heavy-duty accessories available
As Canada’s local Motorola dealer, Nova Communications has worked extensively with organizations throughout Alberta, providing them with trusted Motorola two way radios that enhance productivity and safety. Talk to a two way radio expert today, toll free: 1-877-721-7070 or start by using the FREE Portable Radio Selection Guide below.