TMR2 Update #2 — TMR2 System Rollout & Project Milestones
The transition to TMR2 in Nova Scotia has begun, and work is already underway to have the new system operational by mid-2015.
A public timeline for the implementation of TMR2 was recently released as part of the Province of Nova Scotia’s Trunked Mobile Radio System Implementation Team RFP, highlighting various project milestones leading up to the migration. To help keep users of the current Trunk Mobile Radio (TMR) and other two way public safety radio systems up to date on the changes to come, we’ve summarized the ambitious system rollout that was included in the Province’s public RFP below:
- November 30, 2013 – Draft implementation plan created for the new system infrastructure.
- December 31, 2013 – Draft plan created for the migration of users, working with multiple public sector and volunteer user groups to determine the work required. The plan will reflect the requirement to maintain radio communication and interoperability during the migration.
- January 31, 2014 – All required factory testing will have taken place, with the TMR2 network and appropriate dispatch equipment completing all tests successfully.
- May 31, 2014 – The Province will complete its final plan for migrating users onto the TMR2 network.
- June 1 – August 31, 2014 – A limited user pilot and trial conducted following installation and integration of the TMR2 network with adeqaute coverage suitable for the pilot.
- September 30, 2014 – TMR2 RF coverage acceptance testing will begin as sites are completed, and will be fully complete and accepted by the Province by this date.
- October 1, 2014 – Users will commence migrating to the TMR2 system as per the approved final plan.
- May 31, 2015 – The migration of all radio and dispatch users to TMR2 will be complete, and use of TMR1 will be discontinued.
Ensuring a seamless transition to the new system will mean planning ahead. To learn more about Nova Scotia’s move to TMR2 and the key factors users should be prepared for when making the switch, download the FREE Checklist for Switching to P25 Systems: Top 10 Things for Users to Consider.
You can also read more about TMR2 and how Nova Communications’ wireless systems experts can help here: rocknetworks.com/TMR2