Cambium Networks is a world leader in fixed outdoor wireless broadband, with a growing portfolio of point-to-point and point-to-multipoint broadband products. With video as the new driving application, fixed wireless is an important tool to meet the global demand for bandwidth that is growing at over 30% annually.
The Cambium portfolio provides a range of proven and reliable wireless broadband solutions, at price points that equal good return on investment. Their portfolio covers popular Canadian license-free frequencies such as 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, 5.4GHz, 5.8GHz, as well as licensed 3.5GHz, 3.65GHz, 4.9GHz (public safety) and 6-38GHz microwave.
- Point-to-Point – We have deployed hundreds of Cambium PTP500/600/650 and PTP800 series backhauls, which offer solid reliability, price-performance and OFDM capability. The PTP800 series microwave offers carrier-grade reliability and capacity up to 477Mbps.
- Point-to-Multipoint – Cambium’s PMP products are ideal for high-speed internet access, video surveillance, and SCADA. From long-proven 900Mhz to the newer PMP450 offerings, these products are easily deployed extensions to more expensive fibre and wired networks.
- Wireless Manager – Cambium’s networks are scalable and also manageable using Cambium’s Wireless Manager for system configuration, provisioning, alerting and reporting.
Nova Communications works closely with Cambium to design and deploy fixed wireless networks for:
- Service Providers – Carriers and wireless ISPs are using Cambium for wireless backhaul, last mile access, network extensions and LTE infrastructure.
- Government – Across the street or across a wide area, municipalities and other levels of government are generating strong ROI by extending existing broadband networks and creating wireless backbone structure for other communications systems.
- Defence – Cambium has PTP products that are certified for the FIPS 140-2 security standard, the first approved for use by the US Department of Defence.
- Corporate – The reliability and cost-effectiveness of Cambium technology means the deployment of private wireless networks is growing quickly. In turn, this connects branch offices and sites for the safety and security of people and assets, while also driving operational efficiencies.
Nova Communications has designed and deployed one of the largest Cambium deployments in the world as part of the Broadband for Rural Nova Scotia Project.
Contact us to learn how ROCK Networks can deploy Cambium technology to create high bandwidth networks for your demanding requirements.
Cambium Networks is a pioneer in OFDM technology, with their primary advantage being its ability to create and maintain wireless connectivity across non-line-of-sight and near-line-of-site paths. OFDM is the acronym for orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing and is a method of encoding digital data on multiple carrier frequencies. A large number of closely-spaced orthogonal sub-carrier signals are used to carry data on several parallel data streams or channels.