3 Reasons to Upgrade to the MOTOTRBO R7
In 2021, Motorola surveyed 3,000 radio users as part of its Motorola Solutions Commercial Markets Survey. They heard from high school principals, plant managers, hospital staff, security personnel, warehouse workers, and many more who rely on two-way radios to increase efficiency and improve safety. Motorola used the feedback they gathered to build their newest radio, the MOTOTROBO R7.
Launched in January 2022, the MOTOTRBO R7 radio is a significant upgrade from the XPR 7000 series. Katja Millard, Vice President of Enterprise Products at Motorola had this to say about the new radio:
“The MOTOTRBO R7 is built to support communication and collaboration in any work environment, enabling security staff to share safety updates over the roar of a stadium, teachers to coordinate arrivals and departures across crowded hallways and nurses to triage patients in congested emergency rooms.”
In this blog, we’ll outline the top 3 reasons to upgrade to the MOTOTRBO R7.
#1 The MOTOTRBO R7’s Audio Quality
Game-changing audio quality is what sets the MOTOTRBO R7 apart from any other radio on the market. The new speaker is both louder and offers clearer audio quality.
MOTOTRBO R7 audio improvements include:
- Adaptive dual-microphone noise suppression
- The ability to automatically cancel out the feedback of other close-by radios in tightly packed areas
- The ability to monitor background noise and adjust speaker volume, so calls are at the perfect volume
Richard Dhondt, Maintenance Supervisor, NTN Driveshaft, underscores the importance of audio quality on productivity and safety:
“Clarity and coverage of radio communications is a top concern and priority in our manufacturing facility because it directly affects safety and operational efficiency,” Dhondt said. “Employees working with heavy machinery can hear the MOTOTRBO R7 voice communications loud and clear without leaving their stations or stopping the production line.”
#2 The MOTOTRBO R7’s Rugged Design
The MOTOTRBO R7 is durable and can handle almost anything users can throw at it, making it the perfect radio for any environment.
The MOTOTRBO R7 is:
- Waterproof with both IP68 and IP66 ratings, it can be immersed in two meters of water for up to two hours and can withstand the water pressure from a burst pipe
- Intrinsically safe
- Built with a new material that allows for more types of disinfectants to be used to clean it without degrading the plastic
- Able to withstand multiple drops on concrete without cracking the screen
- Equipped with 28 hours of battery life
- Built with cyber-security in mind and features industrial-strength encryption
“The rugged design of the radio is ideal for use on the manufacturing floor because it stands up to dust, spills, drops and the wear-and-tear of everyday use,” said Dhondt, elaborating on the importance of the MOTOTRBO R7’s rugged features.
#3 The MOTOTRBO R7’s Ability to Multitask
In busy environments, safety and efficiency are paramount. Workers need to find the information they are looking for quickly and without spending extended periods of time looking down from their work. The P7’s screen and interface were designed with this in mind. The radio can integrate with existing workflows, which can help make the most out of limited resources.
The MOTOTRBO R7 features:
- A spacious 4 inch 320×240 px screen
- An intuitive user experience and efficient navigation, so your team can stay informed and productive
- Detailed notifications on the home screen to eliminate the need for scrolling
- Wi-Fi- 2.4 and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity, so workers are always connected
- The ability to fully integrate with video and analytics platforms as part of the Safety Reimagined ecosystem
Katja Millard elaborated on the MOTOTRBO R7’s ability to streamline operations, “its integration with other safety systems and technologies allows teams to detect and respond more quickly to all manner of day-to-day events, as well as during emergencies.”
Learn More About the MOTOTRBO R7
Now that you understand the features of the MOTOTRBO R7, learn how your industry can benefit by upgrading to this innovative new radio by downloading the Importance of Being Heard whitepaper.