Introducing the ICOM A120 Aviation VHF Mobile Radio
ICOM has released their new A120 Aviation VHF Mobile Radio as an upgrade to their A110 model. The A120 comes with many of these same features as the A110 (like the side tone function and the on-hook scan) as well as several improvements and upgrades – plus a very nice price point compared to other models with similar features. Here are some of these upgrades of the ICOM A120:
- 200 memory channels – The ICOM A120 comes with quite an upgrade in the memory channel department. The ICOM A110 model had only a 20 memory channel capability, compared to the upgraded 200 Channels in the ICOM A120.
- Bluetooth connectivity – This feature is an optional upgrade in the ICOM A120, but it was not previously offered on the ICOM A110. With this function, you can elect to use a third-party Bluetooth headset with the A120 radio.
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) – When you work in an environment that produces a lot of background noise, like an airport, reducing that noise can be a necessity for safety and operational reasons. With the ICOM A120, you get noise reduction for both transmissions you receive, but also for the ones you send. You will hear messages with less noise interference, and the person on the other end of the radio will hear you more easily as well.
- Dust and water resistant – The new and improved A120 is equipped with an IP54 rating for dust protection and water resistance. This feature comes in especially handy if you use your radio in an open-air vehicle or environment. The “54” rating signifies that it will resist dust to the point that the dust will not interfere with the workings of the radio, and water can splash on the radio without damaging it. Keeping dust and water from reaching the inside of the radio extends its life and functionality, which can reduce your costs for repairs and replacements.
- Better on-screen visibility – A nice improvement over the previous model, you now have a clear and bright LCD screen that allows for greater visibility and easier channel recognition.
- Channel names – Now, instead of only being allowed seven characters to name your channels with, you have the option of using up to twelve characters.
Along with these upgrades, the A120 radio also has some other features worth taking a look at:
- This radio is compatible with 12-volt and 24-volt systems.
- You can password-protect your radio by requiring that a password be entered as soon as it is turned on.
On the front of the A120, there are two programmable buttons: P1 and P2. These buttons can be used as shortcuts to access your most frequently used functions of the radio.
The A120 is an excellent featured radio and an excellent value compared to other aviation radios. With the upgrades and improvements that it brings to the table, it is definitely a naviation radio worth looking into. As we mentioned previously, as compared with other radios that share similar features, the ICOM A120 is hard to beat.
If you are interested in upgrading your current radio to the A120, please feel free to contact us. We will gladly answer any questions you may have about this model or about placing an order.